A charitable bequest is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift to K9s4COPs that will make a lasting impact community.
Benefits of a bequest
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
How a bequest works
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or K9s4COPs as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
Here are some of the ways to leave a bequest to K9s4COPs
- Include a bequest to K9s4COPs in your will or revocable trust
- Designate K9s4COPs as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or pension)
- Name K9s4COPs as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
A bequest may be made in several ways
- Percentage bequest – make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest – make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest – make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate